For more then 10 years Baltic countries are protected by specially created – NATO Air Force police mission. From 3 Baltic sisters, Lithuania is a special place, as half of NATO Aircrafts that are participating in the mission are situated in Lithuanian Air Force base, near Šiauliai. With huge pleasure we are inviting to join and discovering this amazing mission!
In addition to Air Force base visit, we will go and discover 4th biggest city of Lithuania – Šiauliai. Guided tour in city centre will be waiting everyone, who joins.
This is an active military base, it’s usually closed for civilians, but sometimes excursions in the base are held… Having a group, who would be interested to visit and discover this mission, we will do everything in our power to full fill this need!
This mission is interesting as every half of year air force of a different NATO country switches to protect Baltic countries.
During this trip you will be able:
1. Visit active aviation military base;
2. Meet military personnel and ask them questions, that you were searching for answers;
3. See and maybe even touch operational military jets;
4. At the end of the trip, discover Šiauliai city 🙂
>> Trip will be conducted on Wednesday (it’s the only day military personnel let’s in civilians);
>> It will last almost all day, as we will start our journeys from Kaunas and Vilnius, reach the base and have the excursion;
>> Excursion will last around 2 hours;
>> After the excursion we will go to Šiauliai centre and have there a small tour of the city.
REQUIREMENT: As this is an active military base, they have really strict rules. So after you register, we will contact you and you will have to provide your ID numbers, that will be later given to the base personnel. Most importantly – don’t forget your ID to the trip!!!
Route: Vilnius/Kaunas – Lithuanian Air force military base, Šiauliai – Šiauliai city centre – Vilnius/Kaunas
Date: Can be organised only on Wednesday
Length: 1 Day tour; Starting from 8:00 and finishing around 20:00
- Kaunas – Depending on the group needs
- Vilnius – Depending on the group needs
Group size: Minimum 15 participants
Price: Starting from 45 EUR per person
What is included:
- Transportation to all objects and back to departure point;
- Entrance to the Lithuanian Air Force military base;
- Guide in the base;
- Exploring NATO Aircrafts that are now are part of the mission;
- Tour of Šiauliai centre;
- Professional tour leader services and amazing memories!
What is not included:
- Food and snacks during the whole activity;
Original Military Gas Mask – 5 EUR
Everyone during our activities you buy souvenir gas mask from old military reserves, for special participants price! If you want to have more then one, please give as a message and we will bring them to the departure point.